Suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
At CEDA Orthopedics & Interventional Medicine, we know that carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful condition. CEDA Orthopedics & Interventional Medicine in Miami, Florida, provides complete care for carpal tunnel syndrome, and will give you much-needed relief in order to get you back to what is important.
Our trained staff of doctors will help you relieve from carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, and its causes. Our physical therapists are highly trained and able to successfully treat carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries caused by overuse and repetitive stress. At CEDA Orthopedics and Interventional Medicine, we believe that each patient is unique and requires a unique physical therapy regime tailored to his needs.
What are my options regarding carpal tunnel syndrome treatment?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or CTS occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the palm of the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. The carpal tunnel itself is a narrow and rigid passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand.
The symptoms of the carpal tunnel syndrome among others are:
- Frequent burning
- Itching numbness in the palm of the hand and the fingers
- Fingers feeling useless and swollen
The causes of the carpal tunnel syndrome are multiple. It may be a combination of risk factors that contributes to the development of the condition, such as:
- Anatomic factors: a wrist fracture or dislocation, that deforms the small bones in the wrist and can alter the space within the carpal tunnel
- Sex: the carpal tunnel syndrome is more frequent in women
- Nerve-damaging conditions like some chronic illnesses such as diabetes may increase the risk of nerve damage
The diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome can be conducted by your doctor through a physical examination by testing the feeling in your fingers and the strength of the muscles in your hand, with an X-ray, or an electromyogram, which will measures the tiny electrical discharges produced in muscles to identify muscle damage.
Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment requires comprehensive care, and this is what your personal physical therapist at CEDA Orthopedics and Interventional Medicine can provide you, among other services such as:
- Stretching to improve and increase wrist flexibility.
- Increasing strength through core training and resistance exercises.
- Wrist splinting that will hold your wrist still while you sleep to relieve nighttime symptoms of tingling and numbness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery for severe symptoms
To reduce discomfort and pain commonly associated with the condition, our team of therapists will develop a personalized home-based exercise routine using traditional methods along with the newest cutting-edge techniques. If you live in or near any of the following locations then please schedule an appointment with us:
|South Miami, FL
Coral Gables, FL
Key Biscayne, FL
Miami Springs, FL
Downtown/Little Havana, FL
Miami Beach, FL
Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment with the best experts
If you or a relative is now facing carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis and in need of a treatment, the easiest way for you to understand all about the condition causes and symptoms and to treat it is to work with a specialized physical therapist. Expert doctor who work at the CEDA Orthopedics and Interventional Medicine health centers in Miami, Fl, will do their best to guide and help you through these difficult times.
- Physical Therapy for Back Pain in Miami
- Physical Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis in Miami
- Physical Therapy for Neck Pain in Miami
- Physical Therapy for Sports Related Injuries in Miami
Give us a call today to schedule your first personal consultation:
Ceda Health – South Miami
6075 Sunset Drive, 4th Floor
South Miami, FL 33143
Ceda Health – FIU/Kendall
11890 SW 8th Street, Suite 400
Miami, FL 33184
Ceda Health – Hialeah
755 East 49th
Hialeah, FL 33013
Ceda Health – Downtown/Little Havana
2190 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33135